Antonio Guterres, who has started his term on New Years Day 2017 , has appointed three women to senior positions at the UN. Guterres , himself a former prime minister of Portugal and UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, has committed to "gender parity... from top to bottom in the U.N." and accordingly appointed Amina J. Mohammed to serve as UN deputy chief while Maria Luiza Ribeiro Viotti who is from Brazil is now Chief de Cabinet. The last appointee hails from the Republic of Korea - Kyung wha Kang - will hold the newly-created position of Special Advisor on Policy. Read More .....
Incoming UN secretary general is for Gender Parity
Latest from AWiB Team
- Recap “Learning from Ethiopian Social Entrepreneurs – A Conversation with Kibret Abebe of Tebita Ambulance”
- Negotiating through the Ethiopian Business Culture
- Behavioral Engagement for passion and fulfillment
- Recap HealthSmart on Contraception
- Congratulations to our own Nebat Abbas on the launching of her new company, Phoenix Business Consulting Plc